Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Purpose

Over the past week God has begun to redirect my vision. Since being here God has enlarged my vision, but now He begins to piece together the reasons. When I was a Christian in high school I never really saw that I lived any different to others, I didn't drink, didn't smoke, didn't swear and didn't flaunt myself around- but in spite of all of that I couldn't really see that I, ME,MY HEART was any different to anyone else in my school. The conversations I would ahve with the girls in my class would consist of similar things, we wanted to dream, to do something great. It is now when I have done about ten years of Christianity that I begin to see why it is so different to live for Jesus Christ,it's so liberating and sometimes so hard but IT IS SO DIFFERENT. What gets me thinking about this is the many creative people in the music industry and arts industry that I know of, or know personally. They once were the same people who stood hands raised in worship beside me at outreaches, they have prayed for the lost in front of hundreds and Christian at heart- are not living like they are different. I am slightly confused at this- I know I have been given one of the greatest opportunities of my life to be at Hillsong and learn from those who live with authenticity and at the same time excellence in their field of ministry. Am I too spoiled with this?  guess what my pondering conclude is that I want to authentic and I want to be the head of my sphere. For me this is painting and the arts, for you it might be something completely different, but whatever it is I encourage you that someone has to begin, to be a forerunner, why not just run with it and not compromise your most amazing gift of life with Jesus? Maybe it can be turned around and the other side of this is the over enthusiastic Christian who just wants to paint hearts and doves, but it never really has a purpose other than a fluffy idealistic view of Christianity and doesn't reach those that need Him. I don't want to be found guilty of either. God my prayer that I glorify YOU above myself, that YOU be seen before me but that in me you show off...

No comments: