Sunday, November 30, 2008

The fight of my life...

Yesterday I had the greatest joy to go into the City with some of my friends, it all started excellently. We were celebrating Andreas birthday (which is actually tomorrow) and got to shop and do the City thing here in Sydney with a quick rainy trip to Bondi Junction and the beach. It did rain radically, but all in all the four seasons in one day did also bring sun! So we set out- after eating pancakes, strawberries and cream we caught the train and began our day. By the end of our day out some things just started to go wrong. Andrea lost her train ticket- I was busting to pee but the toilets in the station were closed and then got onto a train thinking I can hold for a while, but the train got stopped on the tracks for two hours. I was literally crying as my bladder was aching. I know that this is pretty raw for most, but honestly it was my worst nightmare and I couldn't wake up. In my friends attempts to relieve me we tried to go to the in between of the carts so that I could squat and pee outside. Did NOT work. I had this little Indian man STARE at me and I started to cry- who stares at you laughing when you are trying to pee??? So upon returning to my seat I got talking with a girl on the train sitting next to us. She introduced herself and we began a healthy discussion about Jesus. What strikes me about this girl is nothing other than discerning that God had this planned and even from beginning the train journey I felt like God was moving and shifting some things concerning her. So this conversation continued with me, this Chick on the train and my other friend Eilidh. The all of a sudden Eilidh gets a phone call from her husband- He has been in a hit and run accident and his car is smashed from the van that drove over the top of him and then drove off. What was happening? So after the conversation the train started and we got off at a close by stop. Shaken up and confused we all began to recite scriptures to one another and felt like we were in the middle of a battle. We eventually got back to Eilidh's husband and then drove them home quite a distance away, in the car journey we shared again encouragement with one another and this amazing couple begin to speak of their trust in God and His faithfulness. Earlier Eilidh had told me something, she said, "what sort of fruit comes out when the tree is shaken?" She told me that good ol' Joyce Meyer had quoted this- at the time I was impressed, but now I can't seem to get this out of my head.  What sort of fruit (reaction/truth/faith) comes out when your tree ( life) is shaken? The Robertson's are a champion couple- I know that God can only have blessings for them- because their tree has been shaken to the point of uprooting since they came to Australia- but I see the fruit is good. This is just the same authentic Christianity I want to display. No matter what- HE IS FAITHFUL and I WILL STILL PREACH THE GOSPEL OF JESUS CHRIST! The enemy cannot hold us down- his ways are lower than mine, I rise above, take the ground and share the genuine love and life that Jesus has given me. I will do this forever... This is the fight for life!

No comments: