Friday, November 14, 2008

Babies!!

Recently I became an auntie. I can tell you it is the best- even though I have not met Luke I love him already. I got to chat on yahoo tonight with his mummy, she is one of my best friends and happened to marry my dear brother Mark. I am not in any way related by blood, but there is a connection that sometimes is closer than blood. I feel with Mark and Claire closer than I am with some of my very own aunts and uncles. This is nothing to do with anything other than sometimes those who walk life with you can know you beyond blood, and it is a truly wonderful moment when you recognize those that do the journey of life with you in this unique and supernatural way. These are the people that can say without fear that you are doing a great job, or an utterly crap job of life. So many times they bring up issues that you don't even see, they bring up your defeats and encourage you more than those who fought in the battle with you. The reason for this closeness is because there is no agenda other than PURE LOVE and FRIENDSHIP. This is a sacred part of my life, having moved thousands of miles away from home, friends become family- and family becomes closer. I treasure these people because you can truly be yourself, sleep on their sofas, eat their irish chocolate and shop till you drop in foreign countries and in all of that love every moment with them. Today, I miss my asian home in Olongapo - I shall eat your irish chocolate again very soon... 

No comments: