Tuesday, November 18, 2008

damn red paint....

This evening whilst moving and changing my bedroom around in my frantic-ever-so-often-creative-bursts at 3am in the morning I happened to step my foot-in-Ugg-boot on some red paint, which decided to tell me just how much I weigh by squirting all over my rented carpet... I emphasize rented not because you can rent carpet, but because I rent and have to pay for damage... sob!!

So this darn red paint squirts all over my floor- I try to wipe it up off my cream colored carpet and it decides to move along not on the lifting tool, but dyes more of my carpet. Finally lifting this paint I decide to find the nearest paper-something to sort of not waste this vast amount of my favorite red. In the process I manage to scatter around the paint and walk away impressed, but more so because God speaks to me in hugely fantastic ways and happened to show me something great.

So this is how it goes, whilst being myself I step on something I don't want to step on, Im just expressing my humanity then all of a sudden I have to wipe up my mistakes. Upon wiping these mistakes up more mess happens and I'm pretty stuck as what to do with this vibrant mess on my hands, so I get rid of it and this process produces something beautiful, unique, vibrant and full of movement that persuades me that God must be in the midst of my mess. He is there, cleaning it up with me, but in the mean time artistically being himself and showing off.

Im going to show of my red dotted carpet until I steam clean it. Im a proud artist tonight...


No comments: