Wednesday, November 19, 2008

New Wine Community...


Tonight I had the pleasure of celebrating a birthday with one of Michael's friends; Chris at his home alongside his Maltese family. I have been to the Pace family home once before and was dumbfounded at the sense of love they share with everyone they meet. I know that a lot of this community has to do with their culture of sharing and love, but I want this to be part of my culture and have decided consciously to be a sharer and giver. There is definitely a kingdom culture in Church, but this Mediterranean outlook on life brings it further into the New Covenant Church and how they did life. I see that this strong and rich nature of family and community is what God had intended for us, he chose Israel because of their placement to reach the nations with the gospel, however I believe in some ways that He chose this nation because of their humble attitude towards others. Chris' family talk loud, laugh loud and make their own wine in the back yard called Covenant (it tastes amazing!) Whilst sitting in their kitchen laughing with some people I had never met I saw this nature that I can adopt into my relationship with new people. How much they love and how this is the sort of family is what God desires, "He sets (adopts) the lonely into families." Thank God for the Pace family and their New Covenant wine and New Covenant community! 

No comments: