Thursday, October 30, 2008

none but Jesus.

Tonight my boyfriend Mike and I went for our daily walk/run. We live in Bella Vista- the very title of our 'home' in Australia is one of peace, perfection and delight. I even live three doors away from one of the Worlds biggest Churches. HILLSONG! So- on our walk... talking, laughing and just enjoying time with one another. We come across the usual 'lovers-in-the-car' couples parked beside the Norwest lake, then further round we came across a familiar man. I have met this man once before, well... said 'hello' in that Christian tone. Tonight, this man wore the same clothes as last week when I first met him and this time he was sleeping on the bench. I realized something was somewhat different about this man last week, but I didn't want to presume that anything was wrong. Tonight I saw him in his desperation. This man is homeless- for whatever reason recently he has lost his place of rest, his family perhaps. He didn't know we were watching him, or even talking about him. Now I hear the rain fall deeply outside my Bella Vista home and wonder if he is still asleep. If he will curl up on his bench and if he will wake tomorrow wishing he had lived another life. 

Imagine, you don't have to go to the biggest City or poorest country to find the broken, poor or needy. 

I hope to see him tomorrow. I hope to offer him something more than a Christian 'tone'. 

No comments: