Wednesday, October 22, 2008

depths of love

Today in my class I gathered inside of me shouts of "Hallelujah" tears of thankfulness and a deeper and more intimate relationship with my father. 

 The day began with my Evangelism class, this already is changing me- but every week there is just something NEW. This week as we follow Bill Hybels book 'just walk across the room' I am more impacted by the testimonies of real people and how they have always wanted the 'God element' and over years of relationships, despite the christian judgements and down-casting they faced, there was this deep hunger for the real stuff- and its only when some radical, real life person invades their world as a 'true' disciple that they are offered reconciliation. Is it really that hard to be authentic? Why do we struggle so much with this heart facet of the Father. I am shocked even at my own state of life... I came to Australia with my matching pink luggage to come and study at BIBLE college, yet in just one year I managed to rule out all prospective relationships with people who don't know Jesus. The BIG PROBLEM? emmm well I wasn't that concerned- why? because all the Christians I know are not that concerned either. Sad fact, why? because we seem to rule out these non-believers as if they can harm us, or because they might reject us- our ways, our friendships, our meetings...  I want truth- full stop my heart is aching for the lost and I will do anything, anything to see God in real life colors again. I honestly believe our lack of miraculous and all that jazz, is not because we don't believe enough, more so because we are not doing the 'acts' of the New Covenant Church. We are responsible for our sphere of life and all who enter. What will it really take to get that the bigger picture is not about what we can get from them- a salvation a year, a limited Christian walk that we don't nurture. RATHER we can OFFER ourselves, fully, without limits to their salvation process. I long for this in my heart. I don't want to be known by God if others cannot know him because of me. 

The next journey in my day was in my Christian Ethics class, we had a guest lecturer Simon. He didn't really give much of his testimony to begin with- just told us why he was lecturing us (works with Christians who struggle with homosexuality) I already had a respect for him bringing us to face such a disputed part of relationships in the Church. The room was silent as he began to share his testimony. It wasn't the fluffiest testimony in the world, I was dumbfounded that someone could face such a life of pain and torture. This stuff isn't even in the  movies... at the end he said something that changed my life as if I just got saved all over again. He said, " It wasn't easy, it's a bloody war out there. BUT JESUS IS WORTH EVERY BIT OF IT" I could have yelled at the top of my lungs, I could have written ten billion praise songs in that one second. I could have died and not known it- this was the greatest moment of life I have ever witnessed. I felt that like a thousand rocks pounding in my heart, I felt it like all four seasons swept over my face, I felt it like I was born again. I was. 

No comments: