Sunday, February 14, 2010

rejoice with those who rejoice. Mourn with them that mourn.

Today I have felt a definite sense of God making a way for me. Changing my season to be Summer or even just turned Spring. I cannot differentiate between the two because the past season was so long and so cold. I have a deep desire inside to know God more intimately and pursue Him as though we were on a journey of adventure far beyond the creative parameters of Hollywood films.

I am learning about the scripture where Jesus cries alongside those mourning for the dead, knowing full well that He would raise them to life again. I am learning that His humanity was not for our sake, but also to learn and grieve in that moment means that He was experiencing the fullness of our humanity and in that- HE SHARED with us. God does not need to feel what it is like to be human, His divinity is not limited to the incarnation- because He was and is Divine without us. This Scripture leads me to search for the face of Jesus in this story. Why did He grieve? Why did He exude those emotions, knowing that they would be superseded by the coming joy of resurrected life. My conclusion, that He wanted... better yet HE WANTS to share WITH US. God is sharing with us. In every moment. In every pain. In every Joy. He shares with us.

Me and my courage. Jesus and His incarnation... we continue

No comments: