Thursday, February 11, 2010

Courageous much?

I haven't been doing too much reading recently, learning my new job and getting stuck into the year has prevented me from learning anything much other than church events and nanna naps when I get home... It's a great season to 'jump' right in and outwork all that I have learned over the past four years. But I am aching to read a book that seems to be rapturing my heart just before I lay my head to rest.

I have been craving to read this book I have, I got it in a random sale in a theological store years ago for $10. I have picked it up at moments, read a few pages and then got on with other things and forgotten to vigorously read through the book. I don't think this book was designed to be vigorously read anyways, so I guess that's ok. I'm just not used to reading small parts of books.

The book is about the people that Jesus came into contact with, His reactions towards them, how they responded to His love, His actions and His divinity. The author has mastered the small details within the New Testament and somehow captured these 'moments' of divinity that Jesus shared with those around Him, and shared in common the human nature of being ONE of US. I have concluded that I want to get to know this Jesus. I guess theologically it would be the 'Historical Jesus' and yes, that journey has already been discovered... but I want to find out for myself. I want to get to know this man as if He was right beside me. I want to know Him like He is physically with me always. I want this closeness with Him. My expectation is that this will change me forever... that's ok with me. Updates on this soon...

Me and My courage. Jesus and His incarnation... Let's do life together.


No comments: