Tuesday, December 16, 2008

It's a wonderful life!

Recently I watched the movie,"It's a wonderful life" It has taken me some three years to actually watch through the whole thing without falling asleep. Summed up it has that Christmas cheer factor of thanksgiving and also repentance. In a few days Church perform something similar , called the Christmas Spectacular and aptly knick-named 'spec'. This years theme is on the Grinch and the Who's. I can't really remember the story line of this movie, but I am warmed to know that it also expresses this similar theme of thanksgiving and repentance. So really what my question this evening transpires to is; do we find this repentance at Christmas? The evaluation of the festive season and somewhat our ethical decisions made in the past 365 days bring about a change inside of us, otherwise we would not consider the new years resolutions so commonly joked about. These six days in between Christmas day and New Years could change your outlook on the next 365. Forget the fad diets and stop chewing your nails resolutions; What is your expectation? What are you repentant for? What will you change? What ways will your heart grow? These are the questions that I am considering, not only the things I look behind and praise God for- but what I look toward, and how I live my days whilst getting there... 

No comments: