Sunday, June 21, 2009

honesty is the best policy...

I raise a cup for new adventures and exciting things ahead... 

I am captivated by certain things in life. I believe these certain 'particulars' to not just be something to which I humbly profess as the most honest and real moments of life, but absolutely without doubt that they are sacred. These are the things I get a kick out of....

I love waking up to sunshine on my face. Nobody told me to like it- I just do. I also really love going to sleep when it rains or thunders, I feel so secure being inside.
I adore the smell of Autumn air. 
I love scarves, I used to dress up with them when I was small. I still remember that one lime green scarf of my grandmothers that I would adorn over my face and wrap around my hair and neck.
I can sit and think about the things I love all day. I love to love these things, its never wasted time.
I make lists of 'desires' nearly once a week. Things I want to achieve, things I want to wear, things I think will make me happy.
I own certain books that I can read, look through countless times and learn something new upon each time. 
I cannot resist fine fabrics. They feel like everything that makes me a lady.
I am in awe of glass things, I used to get lost in department stores, I would somehow always be found laying on the floor looking at the chandeliers. I love how glass changes, how it forms.
I am obsessed wood, with drift wood especially. I can touch it and look at it all day.
I think white is the best colour. 
I love open fire places. I have fond memories of falling asleep under the Christmas tree looking at the fairy lights and being warmed by the fire. 
Christmas is without a shadow of a doubt my favorite time of the year.
I love silk and cashmere. They are my favorite fabrics.
I love coffee, I don't drink it often, but I love the smell of fresh coffee and I love when someone really knows how to make it. This is the only time I will drink it.
I love brown leather boots,belts and bags, rarely will I wear any other colour than this. I don't understand why.
I think I was born to live in the country, but by city and the beach. I am trying to find a happy medium in Sydney. 
I love when people are honest. It has to be the one value I hold most close to my heart about friendships. Honesty is the best policy... 




No comments: